Monday, February 13, 2012

Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad


I adore cold pasta.  So much so that I regularly enjoy the instant kind from a box.  This recipe is NOT from a box but isn't much more difficult to make.  It's easy enough to whip up for a weekday lunch but elegant enough to serve at a party.  I made it for a bridesmaid's luncheon that I hosted for one of my best friends on her wedding day.  And it was a hit!  It keeps well in the refrigerator so you can make it ahead of time if you need to.  Or eat it for lunch a couple of days in a row, like I plan to do with this batch :)


Ingredients:  rotini, tomatoes, kalamata olives, fresh mozzarella pearls (or diced), sun-dried tomatoes in oil, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil for garnish.


To make the dressing, combine sun-dried tomatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.


Pulse until smooth and well combined.


Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain.  Rinse with cold water and let it cool.


Chop up some fresh tomatoes and kalmata olives.


Add the pasta, tomatoes, olives, fresh mozzarella and dressing to a large mixing bowl.


And toss it all together.


O.M.G.  This is so good.  As you can see, I was so excited to eat it that I completely forgot the fresh basil :P Oh well, it was still amazing without it.  I like it best at room temperature but you can refrigerate it for a while and serve it chilled.  Enjoy!

Link to the printable recipe:

Note:  I usually only add about 1/2 of the fresh tomatoes and mozzarella the recipe calls for.  I feel like the full amount overwhelms the pasta and the sun-dried tomatoes.

Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad

Source:  Barefoot Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment