Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easy Risotto in the Oven


I love, love, love risotto.  I've made it many times, each time standing over the stove and stirring for 30 minutes or more - because I think it's totally worth it.  But the other day I saw an episode of Barefoot Contessa that changed my life.  Ina made risotto in the oven!  I had to try it.  And I have to say it's even better than the stove top kind.  It's extra tender and creamy.  I'll never make risotto on the stove again.


Ingredients:  arborio rice, chicken stock, parmesean cheese, white wine, butter, salt, pepper, and frozen peas.

This is just a basic risotto recipe, but you could add any kind of herbs, vegetables and cheese you like!  In the future I will be adapting all my risotto recipes to this one because it was so easy  :)


Mix the rice and chicken stock in a dutch oven, cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


While the rice is cooking, shred some parmesean cheese, dice some butter and measure the frozen peas.


Once the rice is done cooking in the oven, add the cheese, butter, wine and more chicken stock.


Stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the risotto is creamy.  The wine will deglaze the pan so scrape the bottom and sides as you are stirring.


Season with salt and pepper and mix in the frozen peas.  They will thaw and warm from the heat of the risotto.


And seriously..that's all.  This recipe comes from Ina's cookbook "Barefoot Contessa:  How Easy Is That?"  And really, how easy is that?!?  You've changed my life Ina!

Link to the printable recipe:

Easy Risotto

Source:  Barefoot Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment