Saturday, February 18, 2012

Citrus Avocado Salad


Fresh.  Healthy.  Pretty.  Delicious.  Need I say more?


Ingredients:  avocado, oranges (I used mandarin because that's what I had on hand), grapefruit, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper.  The recipe also calls for black sesame seeds but I couldn't find this at my local grocery store :(  They look really pretty in the picture on the blog I got this recipe from.


Zest and squeeze the fresh juice from a couple of the oranges.  Add it to a bowl with the olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard and honey.


Whisk it all together.


Chop up an avocado and toss it in the dressing immediately.  The acid in the orange juice will keep it from turning brown.


Then add the peeled and segmented oranges and grapefruit.  Toss it all together and season with salt and pepper.  If you are lucky enough to find black sesame seeds, toss them in as well.


Serve it over a bed of arugula.  You have yourself a quick, easy, healthy and scrumptious lunch!

Link to the printable recipe:

Citrus Avocado Salad

Source:  Baltic Maid

No comments:

Post a Comment