Friday, February 10, 2012

Poppy Seed Fruit Salad


This has to be the prettiest fruit salad I have ever made.  It is super simple, but the flavors are surprisingly complex.  I made it this weekend for my friend Katie who asked me if it had champagne in it!  It doesn't, but that just speaks volumes to how incredible the flavors are.  Oh, and did I mention it takes about 5 minutes to pull it together?  I feel like I hit the jackpot of fruit salad recipes!


Ingredients:  green grapes, blueberries, strawberries, sugar, fresh lime juice and poppy seeds.


Hull and quarter the strawberries.


Halve the grapes.


And toss some blueberries together in a bowl.


Add some sugar.


And toss it all together.  Let this sit for a few minutes.


Then squeeze in some fresh lime juice.


And some poppy seeds.


Toss it all together and let it sit at room temperature for a little while so the flavors will marry.  Isn't that gorgeous?!?  And healthy.  And delicious.  Talk about a winner!

Link to the printable recipe:

Poppy Seed Fruit Salad

Source:  Sunny Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment