Friday, December 30, 2011

Pasta with Truffle Butter


OK...so I know it says at the top of my blog that I only buy ingredients that can be found at Wal-Mart.  But occasionally I will make the 20 minute drive to Albertson's or to peruse the gourmet food sections at Ross and TJ Maxx.  It was at Ross that my mother-in-law found white truffle oil.

This recipe calls for truffle butter, but after some Google searches I found out that you can make your own truffle butter by mixing butter, truffle oil and salt.  SO, what I decided to do was substitute 2/3 of the truffle butter called for in the recipe with unsalted butter and 1/3 with truffle oil.  Then I just made sure the pasta was well seasoned.  And it was really good!


Ingredients:  cream, butter, truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, egg noodles, chives, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.


Cook the pasta according to the package directions.


Drain and set aside.


Meanwhile, grate some Parmesan cheese.


Heat the cream in a skillet until it is simmering.  Add the butter and the truffle oil.  Cook for a couple of minutes. stirring, until the butter is melted and it is combined.


Add some Parmesan cheese.


Once the cheese has melted into the sauce, add the pasta.


Toss it all together, add the chives and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.


Serve it with more chives, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.  Pretty fancy!  And VERY easy!!

Link to the printable recipe:

Pasta with Truffle Butter

Source:  Barefoot Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment