Monday, May 7, 2012

Sweet Potato Tots


If you live near a Sonic and eat there frequently, like I do, then you know they have recently come out with sweet potato tots and they are TO DIE FOR.  When I found out they were only going to have them for a limited time I decided that wouldn't do for me; I needed to have access to these at all times, for the rest of my life.  So I adapted my favorite homemade tot recipe and they were incredible!


Ingredients:  sweet potatoes, flour, seasoned salt (I accidentally took a picture of kosher salt - but I used seasoned salt), pepper and canola oil for frying.


Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.


Cover the diced sweet potatoes with cold, salted water and bring to a boil.  Simmer for 10 or 15 minutes until they are fork tender.


Drain.


Return to the hot pot and mash with a potato masher or fork.


Then add the seasoned salt and pepper to taste and 2-3 tablespoons of flour.


Scoop them into little balls.


And fry them in the canola oil until they are golden brown, crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.  I must have been drunk when I was doing this because I forgot to get a picture of the finished product!  But you don't need a final picture to see that these are out of this world!!  I also made a little mixture of mayo and sriracha hot sauce for dipping.  Delish!

Link to the printable recipe:

*substitute sweet potatoes for regular potatoes

Tater Tots

Source:  Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment