Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cake Batter Blondies


Happy Birthday to ME!!  Today I am 27 (bleh).  Since Dallas isn't going to make me anything yummy for my birthday and since my wonderful mother and mother-in-law have both already made me something yummy and since I am a brat and think I deserve just 1 more yummy thing this year...I made myself some cake batter blondies.  I love all things with sprinkles and there seem to be an abundance of cake batter flavored recipes on Pinterest.  That's where I got this recipe from...and it was great.  Thanks me ;)


Ingredients:  1 box yellow or Funfetti cake mix, vegetable oil, egg, milk, rainbow sprinkles, white chocolate chips, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and red food coloring.


Combine the cake mix, oil and egg in a mixing bowl.


Mix until combined.


With the mixer on low, slowly add the milk.


Mix it until the batter is fairly smooth.


Then add the chocolate chips and sprinkles (omit the sprinkles if using the Funfetti cake mix).


Mix it all together.


Spray a brownie pan with non-stick cooking spray.


And turn the batter out into the pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until the edges are golden and the center is gooey.


While the blondies cool, add the powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla, milk and a few drops of red food coloring to a bowl.


And whisk it all together until you have pretty pink birthday icing!



Once the brownies have cooled for about 30 minutes or so, spread the icing on top and sprinkle with more birthday sprinkles.  I just love sprinkles!!  They are so fun!  I will always be a kid when it comes to birthday food.


 Happy birthday to me!  Happy birthday to me!  Happy birthday dear me...Happy birthday to me!! ;)

Copy and paste the recipe below into Word for a printable version:

Cake Batter Blondies

Ingredients:

1 box yellow or Funfetti cake mix
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3-1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. rainbow sprinkles (if using yellow cake mix)
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
sprinkles for the top

Frosting:

1/4 c. melted butter
2-3 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
3-4 drops of red food coloring

Combine the cake mix, oil and egg in a mixing bowl.  Add the milk slowly.  Mix in the sprinkles (if using the yellow cake mix) and chocolate chips.  Spray a brownie pan (8x11" or 9x9") with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour batter into pan and spread to the edges.  Bake for 25-30 min. at 350 degrees.  Let cool for about 30 minutes.  Mix all of the frosting ingredients together and spread over the blondies.  Cover with more sprinkles.

Source:  Six Sisters



No comments:

Post a Comment